Saturday, July 05, 2008

Angel

The other day I was out shopping with my Mom and decided to stop in at the garden decor store on Hwy 8 across from Costco. I was looking for a stainless steel gazing ball and a stand for my garden. My previous "fake stone" (plastic) stand was broken this spring and the reflective surface on my glass ball was completely faded, so I was hoping to find a more durable replacement.

I have a thing for gazing balls. When I was young and we were still living in Chicago several dear friends had them in their beautiful gardens. I have many fond childhood memories attached to them.

So Mom and I looked around for a while and almost bought a stand and ball. But.... at the last moment we convinced each other that this beautiful angel was even more perfect for my garden. Mom insisted on giving it to me as a gift. When I got home it just seemed right to put her beside the daisies - my favorite flowers. Thanks Mom! She's beautiful and she makes me happy every time I look at her!


- - - - - -

Angels descending, bring from above, echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

~Fanny J. Crosby

1 comment:

  1. Wow she is beautiful... perfect my friend...perfect...

    ReplyDelete