Friday, November 23, 2007

Deer roast in the slow cooker

There's a deer roast in the slow cooker and it smells divine! Browned the meat in butter, then sauteed onions & garlic in sherry and grape & mulberry jellies. Mixed that all together with cream of mushroom soup & bbq sauce and poured it over the meat. Am so tempted to stay for supper tonight! :-)

Had a "proud Mommy" moment this morning. Ben was playing with his Play-Doh and a little "pretend" knife. As he was cutting the Play-Doh he was explaining to me how he was skinning his deer!

I have to admit I was a bit worried about how watching us hang, skin, and butcher a deer would affect him at his age (2 1/2), but I guess he understood everything quite well. I'm very proud of him!

Well, enough procrastinating - back to laundry and packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment