Tuesday, December 09, 2008

It's December!

A few weeks ago Ben & I dug my mother's Christmas tree out of her basement storage locker (Ben calls it "The Cage") and we put it up and decorated it for her. I think it's the earliest tree I've ever put up, but with all the early snow we got it didn't seem out of season. :) Ben was excited about it all and really helped put on the ornaments. It's so much fun watching his enthusiasm!


A few days after we got Mom's tree put up. I walked into the living room at our house and saw this:

Ben decided to decorate "our tree for Christmas"! Pretty creative, huh? LOL

A couple of weeks ago we were invited to participate in a pheasant hunt. As I was up late cropping the night before, I stayed home with Ben while Tim took Rusty out and spent a day in the woods. I love this photo of Tim, Rusty and their new friend.


Usually pheasant hunting is done in fields, but this is a local place where they make use of the property they have and they release (more like "place") the pheasants in these woods. Rusty wasn't instictive at first. I don't believe he's hunted pheasants in the past so the scent wasn't familiar. By the end of hunt Tim thought he was figuring it out, but still kept him on a leash as he was prone to range too far. Hopefully someday Rusty will actually be useful for birds!


Between the 3 guys they took 6 birds, so we enjoyed some pheasant the next day.

Tim's mother's house is sold and will be turned over to the new owners in less than a week... YAY!!! It's just about empty now too - the most of the work is done.

Lots of changes these past 18 months!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When you are through changing, you are through.

Bruce Barton





















4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear things are going well Mo. I love that picture of Ben by the tree and I think it is just adorable that he decorated with his toys!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:50 AM

    Ben is so creative! I hope he never loses that piece of him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh i love that first picture but I LOVE ben's tree!!!! He is truly an adorable child! Love that little dude! And how awesome on the catch or the hunt, or the shoot, or whatever you call it ;) LOL you know what I mean hehe
    xo

    ReplyDelete