Friday, October 05, 2007

Ages....

It's been ages since I last posted! I can't believe how many weeks have gone by.

I'll post photos in the next few days, but here's a quick recap of what's been going on:

My Dad is getting weaker, not really eating anymore, barely drinking. He's not enjoying company anymore and is only able to stay awake for moments at a time. My brother from Alberta was just out here last week for his last visit with Dad. It was good that he was able to see Dad one last time.

The first week of Sept. Tim, Ben and I went camping up in Killbear Prov. Park - it was a wonderful week! Tim & I haven't been camping together (except for deer hunting) for at least 4 yrs. It was quite different having Ben along as he determined our schedule pretty much, but it was a good experience for all of us.

Since then we've been preparing for hunting season. All my camo clothing is hanging out on the line after being washed in scent-free, non-UV enhancing soap. Deer (archery) opened this week, but the temperatures have been exceptionally high - close to 30 C - and that doesn't make for good hunting. If we did get a deer it would have to be in the freezer in a matter of hours. The way I see it, in this heat it will stay fresher on the hoof! The weather is supposed to cool a bit by the middle of next week so that will be good.

A few weeks ago I participated in my first archery tournament. Didn't have any idea what to expect, but I had a lot of fun. It was a 3D shoot where you walk a course in the woods & shoot at foam animal targets - 4o targets, 20 in the morning and 20 in the afternoon. Tim said it's like "redneck golf". I chose to use my crossbow instead of my vertical compound bow and at the end of the day I took home a "first" in the x-bow division. What a nice, unexpected surprise! I really enjoyed the shoot and am already looking forward to participating at another tournament next year.

I'm off to do a little scrapbooking at our church tonight, but I promise to post some more soon. For now I'll leave you with this photo of Ben with our friend Mary-Lou at the range:

1 comment:

  1. sorry to hear about your dad (hugs), but glad you got to camping!!! Can't wait to see some of your pics :)
    xo

    p.s. congrats on the archery day :)

    ReplyDelete