Sunday, May 06, 2007

Sunday

It's was a beautiful day today- sunny, breezy, springy... my favourite kind of weather! Unfortunately things were a bit rough for me today - I'm still struggling through the effects of the miscarriage. Spent the afternoon in bed waiting for pain to subside and some energy to return. This is so unlike me. As much as I dread it, I think I'll check in with the Dr. next week. Before my miscarriages I thought that when someone lost a pregnancy they had a rough day and then the rest of the issues were emotional - it came as a bit of a surprise to me after my first m/c how long it can actually take to resolve and to feel normal again. I'm so grateful for my wonderful husband who picks up the slack for me around the house and looks after Ben so well! God certainly knew what He was doing when he brought Tim into my life!

Although I haven't been 100%, it's been a busy weekend! Friday night I was able to enjoy Scrapfest in Paris - great to see so many fellow scrapaholics! Lots of good deals to be had, fun make & takes and great ideas - really enjoyed it! Thanks for the good company and the ride Mindy & Karen!

Saturday we wandered around the neighbourhood yard sales before driving up to Waterloo to check out the yard sales there - picked up some toys for Ben. Gramma also went "sale-ing" and picked up a great little wagon for Ben to pull around - today Ben used it to "mow the lawn". :) In the evening Tim BBQ'd burgers and we enjoyed the season's first patio supper - with many more to come. I'm glad I was able to enjoy so much of the weekend!




Here's a recent photo of Ben with some of his favourite things - his blue bear, his blue cow/blankie and his blue bunny ("funnybunny").... these 3 share his crib and he love to cuddle them on days when he's not quite ready to be "up and at 'em!"




"He who gives you the day will also give you the things necessary for the day."


— Gregory of Nyssa

2 comments:

  1. Sending you prayers still ;)

    Isn't patio season awesome!!!! I love it too. We've spent a lot of time outside. Right now the weather is perfect. Not too cold, not too hot ;) just right!

    hugs
    blessings
    jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. BIG HUGS!!! (This is me reaching through the computer!!!) Glad you enjoy the Scrapfest! I did too!! And yeah, it's great when there's so many familiar faces!!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete